Duties Of The Board Of Directors
President: One (1) Year Commitment
- The President is the official representative for OALT/ABO.
- Upholds the mission and purpose of OALT/ABO.
- Chairs Board of Director meetings and the Annual General Meeting.
- Prepares an annual report of the Association activities for the membership.
President Elect: Two (2) Year Commitment, President Elect moves to President
- In the absence of the President or at the request of the President, the President Elect shall perform duties and exercise the power of President.
- In the event of the President's resignation, President Elect shall assume the duties of the President if circumstances permit.
- Maintains minutes of all Board of Director meetings.
- Prepares and distributes agendas and minutes to the Board of Directors and Appointed Officers.
Treasurer: One (1) Year Commitment
- Responsible for keeping all financial records and carrying out all financial transactions of OALT/ABO.
- Presents a written financial statement for the Annual General Meeting and at each Board of Directors meeting.
- Compiles and maintains annual membership list, directory and supplements.
Responds to membership enquiries.
External Communication Coordinator: One (1) Year Commitment
- Prepares all OALT/ABO marketing and publicity.
- Acts a liaison between OALT/ABO and other library associations, Library & Information Technician programs, other library education courses, OALT/ABO members and libraries.
- Coordinates sponsorship.
Internal Communications Coordinator: One (1) Year Commitment
- Disseminates information about OALT/ABO, issues and developments in library and information science and library technicians to Association members.
- Coordinates newsletter distribution.
- Ensures Website content is current.
- Responsible for Discussion Group.
- Prepares Salary Survey.
Conference Coordinator: One (1) Year Commitment
- Responsible for coordinating the annual OALT/ABO Conference (with a volunteer team) by selecting a location, arranging programming and activities.
- Submits a Conference budget and written financial statement at the Annual General Meeting and at each Board of Directors Meeting.
- Presents Conference information to the Internal Communication Coordinator for distribution to the membership.
- Coordinates Conference promotion and sponsorship with the External Communications Coordinator.
Chapter Coordinator: One (1) Year Commitment
- Honorary member of all Chapters.
- Advocates on behalf of Chapters and Chapter members.
- Responsible for inter Chapter communication.
- Provides upcoming information about Chapter events to the Internal Communications Coordinator.
- Submits Chapter programming and additional funding requests to the Board of Directors for approval.
Archivist Appointed: One (1) Year Commitment
- Maintains a complete collection of OALT/ABO documents as detailed in Standing Rules and Orders of OALT/ABO.
- Maintains an inventory of the archival materials.