To promote a wider understanding, acceptance and advancement of Library and Information Technician graduates and students, and to further the cause of Library and Information Technicians in the work force.
OALT/ABO is mandated to:
- Define clearly the role of the Library & Information Technician and to make this definition widely known.
- To publicize the value of Library & Information Technicians and promote wider understanding and acceptance of their status.
- To institute recognized standards operating on the Provincial level.
- To work to liaison with related professions and institutions and to promote effective communication among Library & Information Technicians and others in closely related fields.
- To be receptive and aware of the constant changes and needs in the field of Library & Information Technology, and the community.
- To disseminate information relating to Library & Information Technicians.
These objectives are accomplished through:
- Active membership.
- Education and professional development.
- Promotion and marketing.
- Partnerships and advocacy.