Library & Information Technician Career
Is a Library and Information Technician career for you?
Are you someone who has:
- Attention regarding detail
- Good computer skills
- Good interpersonal skills
- Good management ability
- Good organizational skills
- An aptitude for training and instructing
- The ability to problem solve
- An interest in learning new skills
The role of the Library Information Technician is constantly changing with the onset of the "Information Age". The Information Highway is becoming an essential tool, useful for research and finding information online at a low cost. Computer skills and the adaptability to new technologies are essential.
Many Library and Information Technicians are running a "one-person" library and are expected to perform all duties involved in the organization and management of the library.