The Board of Directors would like to take this opportunity to provide you with our Spring 2018 update. This update will highlight some of the documents available, congratulations to members and some new features.
New Board Members for 2018-2019
On May 05, 2018, the Association held its Annual General Meeting at the Travelodge Hotel in Belleville. At this event, we approved the 2017 Annual Reports and held the elections for the 2018-2019 Board of Directors. At our first Board meeting, our Appointed Officers positions were appointed, in addition to our Conference Coordinator. The 2018-2019 Board includes the following members:
- President: Vincent Elit
- President-Elect: [vacant]
- Treasurer: Lori O’Connor
- Internal Communications Coordinator: Jessica Reeve
- External Communications Coordinator: Mary Chisholm
- 2019 Conference Coordinator: Janna Colton
- Chapter Coordinator: Shelby McEachern
- Membership Coordinator: [vacant]
- Archivist: Katie Schedlich
If you are interested in filling in the role of President-Elect or Membership Coordinator, please contact Vincent Elit via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
To contact any of the Board members, we can be reached at email@example.com.
Annual General Meeting Reports
Electronic copies of the 2017 Board Annual Reports are currently on our website. Final versions are available, including changes made following the Annual General Meeting, which were made at the request of the membership.
All documents are available here: https://oaltabo.on.ca/conference/annual-general-meetings-minutes/
Are you interested in submitting an article for our online version of NewsLETTER/NouvELLES?
We would like to hear from you, all and any contributions are appreciated. Our blog is your window of opportunity, to which YOU can send:
- Professional development and education matter to us, so please send us your experiences
- Upcoming events/workshops/training/etc.
- Updates about yourself, your work, job developments etc. How about telling us about a day in the life of your workplace?
- New technologies/tools/databases
- Book reviews are a fantastic icebreaker if you are nervous about writing
- Library related anecdotes, humour, interesting facts and quotes
- Your blogs or blogs that you enjoy, websites, your social cataloguing profiles : GoodReads, Shelfari, LibraryThing
Submissions are accepted on an ongoing basis via email at firstname.lastname@example.org, or on our website at https://oaltabo.on.ca/newsletter-nouvelles/call-for-submissions/
Outstanding Student Award Winners
Congratulation to the following students who were awarded the OALT/ABO Outstanding Student Award this year.
Algonquin College: Nicole Lacelle
Durham College: Jennylynn Brown (2014), Elaine Frizado (2015), Sarah McConnell (2016), Haley Letch (2017) and Breah Dent (2018)
Mohawk College: Shannon Hydon
Seneca College: Kristi Backus
The following members are celebrating membership anniversaries:
5 Years: Gordon Brennan, Cheryl Steele and Wasyl Sydorenko
10 Years: Dolores Harms Penner and Michelle Kennedy
15 Years: Lorraine Gordon and Erica Mayhew
20 Years: Elise Brais
25 Years: Carol Moher and Neil Strickland
30 Years: Carolin Toppan
35 Years: Marilena Natale, Kathi Vandenheuvel and Sharon Wigney
40 Years: Helen Heerema
45 Years: Liz Aldrey and Douglas Wilford
Getting to know your 2018 Board of Directors
Over the next couple of months, the Board will be featuring each of the Directors and Appointed Officers of the Association. Stay tuned for updates on our website, and social media channels. Updates will be posted here: https://oaltabo.on.ca/tag/board-members.
If you have any questions, or would like to contact any member of the Board or Committees at any time, they can all be reached by email at email@example.com. All email requests will be forwarded to the appropriate point of contact.