The Board of Directors would like to take this opportunity to provide you with the first part of our Spring 2019 update. This update will highlight some of the documents available and congratulations to members.
New Board Members for 2019-2020
On May 04, 2019, the Association held its Annual General Meeting at the Best Western Cairn Croft in Niagara Falls. At this event, we approved the 2018 Annual Reports and held the elections for the 2019-2020 Board of Directors. The 2019-2020 Board includes the following members:
- President: Vincent Elit
- President-Elect: [vacant]
- Treasurer: Lori O’Connor
- Internal Communications Coordinator: [vacant]
- External Communications Coordinator: Heather Casson
- 2020 Conference Coordinator: Janna Munkittrick-Colton
- Chapter Coordinator: Jeka Dupont
- Membership Coordinator: [vacant]
- Archivist: [vacant]
If you are interested in filling in the role of any of the vacant positions, please contact Vincent Elit (President, Board of Directors) via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Details of these positions can be found here : Duties of the Board of Directors
To contact any of the Board members, we can be reached at email@example.com.
Annual General Meeting Reports
Electronic copies of the 2018 Board Annual Reports are currently on our website. Final versions are available, including changes made following the Annual General Meeting, which were made at the request of the membership.
All documents are available here: https://oaltabo.on.ca/conference/annual-general-meetings-minutes/
Are you interested in submitting an article for our online version of NewsLETTER/NouvELLES?
We would like to hear from you, all and any contributions are appreciated. Our blog is your window of opportunity, to which YOU can send:
- Professional development and education matter to us, so please send us your experiences
- Upcoming events/workshops/training/etc.
- Updates about yourself, your work, job developments etc. How about telling us about a day in the life of your workplace?
- New technologies/tools/databases
- Book reviews are a fantastic icebreaker if you are nervous about writing
- Library related anecdotes, humour, interesting facts and quotes
- Your blogs or blogs that you enjoy, websites, your social cataloguing profiles
Submissions are accepted on an ongoing basis via email at firstname.lastname@example.org, or on our website at https://oaltabo.on.ca/newsletter-nouvelles/call-for-submissions/
Outstanding Student Award Winners
Congratulation to the following students who were awarded the OALT/ABO Outstanding Student Award this year.
Algonquin College: Abby Marteja
Durham College: Kyle Crossman
Mohawk College: Sharon Hoedlmoser
Seneca College: Jenny Conley
The following members are celebrating membership anniversaries:
5 Years: Katherine Butler
10 Years: Katherine Dahl, Sally Clark-Mills, Ann Struthers, Angela Ashton
15 Years: Cynthia Fort, Debbie Avery
20 Years: Kate Morrison, Theresa Ziebell, Kathryn Suffoletta
25 Years: Ann Censner, Gislaine Hamelin
35 Years: Maria Daunt, Maria Buisman
40 Years: Margot Froud
45 Years: Linda Landreville